WILDCAT CREEK WILDLIFE CENTER INTERNSHIPS
- Gain Valuable Experience!
For more information on our internships - CLICK HERE!
To view some photos and comments from our past internships - CLICK HERE!
Animal Husbandry - Volunteer Your Time!
The Wildcat Creek Wildlife Center depends on the work of dedicated volunteers. Thousands of animals will come to us for care this year. Each animal needs food and attention, and most need medical care. As an animal care volunteer at our Center, you will participate in the care and feeding of creatures you would otherwise only observe from a distance.
With your fellow volunteers, you will celebrate the releases and mourn the losses, while gaining wonderful experience along the way. Animal handling training is provided, so if you have the time, please volunteer.
To begin volunteering:
1. Review the volunteer letter.
2. Review and print the volunteer application.
3. Complete the volunteer application, and return it to us (address provided on the application).
4. We may then contact you for an interview. You may contact us if you have any additional questions.
Release Site - Volunteer Your Space!
Our Center also depends on citizens who care enough about Indiana's ecosystem and natural habitat to provide accessible and appropriate natural areas for our rehabilitated patients. Since suitable release sites for our rehabilitated wildlife are essential for their survival, you will help complete the rehabilitation cycle by volunteering your property.
If you are interested, please complete the application process:
1. Review the release site letter. If necessary, the we can mail you this form.
2. Review and print the release site application. Again, we can mail you this form if necessary. Complete the application and return it to us (address provided on the application).
3. If your site sounds appropriate, we will then contact you for a tour of your site (prior to any releases). You may contact us if you have any additional questions.
Offer Your Own Experience or Expertise
Besides animal care, there are many other activities at our Center that depend on volunteers. Your special talents may be needed for:
- record keeping
- data entry
- grant writing
- public education
- organizing a work day with your friends or co-workers
We will help you match your interests with our needs; please complete the application process above (under "Animal Husbandry") to volunteer.